The stone fountain commissioned by Bishop Filaret of Râmnic on 1 September 1784, on the banks of the River Olt, near the ford at Goranu, is examined from a historical, artistic and documentary perspective, with reference to the inscription in verse, the hierarch’s scholarly work and the vicissitudes of the monument, which was finally restored by His Eminence Varsanufie in 2015.